[jadmin] Google Talk federation policy proposal

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Fri Aug 26 15:14:17 CDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 10:51:42AM -0600, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> > On most e-mail services providers, you now have an image with figures which are
> > hard to recognize for a robot but easy for a human being. I think such a system
> > could be used.
>
> Not only have people been working on this as an "interesting" computing
> problem and thus breaking these systems, but also what are blind users supposed
> to do?  This is not the right solution.

There could also be a sound message to hear additionally to the image to
see. And a contact address to a person responsible for adding accounts
manually (he won't be overworked, as most people would choose faster,
automated account creation with those silly "turing tests") may also be
provided.  I am sure the problem may be solved in accessible and usable
manner. Of course, that would be less convenient than fully automatic
auto-registration, but it just must be more complicated to be any
barrier for bots.

Greets,
        Jacek