[jadmin] Presence via HTTP-Polling

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Sun Aug 28 04:21:22 CDT 2005

Le 2 août 05 à 18:56, Alexandre LISSY a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> Due to major server failure, I migrate from jabberd2 to ejabberd,
> and I would ask you, if someone know if it's possible to get
> presence information, using HTTP-Polling.
>
> Idea is to be able to give over a forum some informations, such as
> status (available, away, xa, etc.), status message "i'm away right
> now from the compuer".

I have been developing a simple piece of code for ejabberd to get the
status information as an image. You just have to include the image
url that include the user name in your HTML, and the correct status
is retrieved and displayed.

The code has been working on metafrog.erlang-projects.org for more
than a year now.

I can send you the information if you wish.
When I have a little time, I will try to integrate this feature in
ejabberd code.

--
Mickaël Rémond