[jadmin] Presence via HTTP-Polling

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Sun Aug 28 07:41:39 CDT 2005

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:15, Bart van Bragt wrote:
> Using a bot for presence information does work but doesn't scale and
> it's a centralized service which isn't really in the spirit of Jabber.

A bot (or component) per-server would scale.

I quite like the idea of a component, actually.  Register with that component,
and your presence is available to the public.  Delete the component from your
list, your presence is withdrawn.  The best thing about it (other than being
extremely simple) is that clients already have all the necessary features in
place. :-)

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz at trypticon.org>