[jadmin] Yahoo! Transport

Patrick Barnes patrick.barnes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:21:57 CDT 2005

Hi there,

I'm having some issues with the Yahoo transport and was wondering if
anyone could help.
I'm running jabberd 1.4.4 with Yahoo! Transport v2.3.2. Is this a
reasonable pairing?

If I dump the XML being sent back to my XMPP client, I get the following:

<presence from="yahoo.my.hostname.com/registered" type="unavailable"
to="req at my.hostname.com/Psi" />

<presence from="yahoo.my.hostname.com/registered" type="error"
to="req at my.hostname.com/Psi" >
<priority>5</priority>
<x xmlns="jabber:x:delay" from="req at my.hostname.com/Psi"
stamp="20051004T12:28:40" />
<error type="wait" code="502" >
<service-unavailable xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/>
<text xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas">Remote Server Error</text>
</error>
</presence>

Running tcpdump against port 5050 shows some initial traffic flow
between the Jabber transport and the Y!MSGR server, but the client
never becomes available on the Yahoo server.

I tried another Jabber server (amessage.info) and their Yahoo
transport works fine, so I'm not sure what's going on.

All my other transports (MSN/AIM/ICQ/Etc) are fine.

This is a real showstopper for me, and I would *really* appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick