[jadmin] Which server? jabberd 2.0, ejabberd, or Jive?

Paolo Perazzo paolo_perazzo at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 13:29:00 CDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to decide which server would be the most suitable to run my IM
application. I'd like to understand better the difference between jabberd
2.0, ejabberd and Jive (i think these 3 are the main ones, please suggest
any other valid alternative). Which one do you reccomend? Why? What are the
main pro and contra of each one of them? Who do you think will be supported
and developed the most (remaining open source), long term? My application is
gonna run on linux.

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Paolo