[jadmin] Which server? jabberd 2.0, ejabberd, or Jive?

Matt Tucker matt at jivesoftware.com
Sun Oct 9 15:03:58 CDT 2005

Paolo,

> For web interface you mean Jive? Is that the only advantage?
> I mean... it's still not clear to me the relationship between
> Jive and jabberd. Are they writing their own server, plus
> adding all those web interface, plugin and so on, or are they
> using as a base the jabberd server? In the first case what
> are the main differences between the 2 server implementations?

Jive Messenger doesn't share any code with jabberd or any other server.
Some of the other differences between the servers:

 * Highest compliance score among all open source servers:
http://www.jabber.org/software/servers.shtml
 * Built-in MUC support (no external component required).
 * Seamless cross-platform support -- install as an exe on Windows or as
an RPM on Linux.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Matt