[jadmin] Re: Which server? jabberd 2.0, ejabberd, or Jive?

Paolo Perazzo paolo_perazzo at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 15:40:43 CDT 2005

>From: Alexander Gnauck <gnauck at ag-software.de>
>To: jadmin at jabber.org
>Subject: [jadmin] Re: Which server? jabberd 2.0, ejabberd, or Jive?
>Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 20:57:43 +0200
>

>Paolo Perazzo wrote:
> > I just have
> > the feeling that jabberd 2.0 is much more advanced and stable, up to
> > now, than ejabberd. Am I wrong?
>
>ya, i think you are wrong. I think ejabberd currently is the most
>scaleable server available.

I just meant in terms of code maturity. ejabberd was designed from scratch
to be scalable but don't know how much inherit from the feature set offered
by jabberd. If you tell me that they took the jabberd code, played w/ it and
made more scalable, then yes I definitely agree w/ you. I'm not an expert
here and this is why I ask your opinions :).

thanks a lot for your help!
Paolo