[jadmin] Which server? jabberd 2.0, ejabberd, or Jive?

Mon Oct 10 15:43:04 CDT 2005

Am Montag, 10. Oktober 2005 18:46 schrieb KWermann at misti.com:
> Many of those points are good on eJabberD. But as stated, we don't have
> the manpower resources required to deal with some of the items on eJabberD
> that you mentioned. Additionally, unless it has changed, last I checked,
> eJabberD is still numbered as if it is in beta. I could be wrong on that
> and it may be a great system, but anything below a 1.0 is usually not
> considered a deployable application in a business environment. I know this
> is a matter of opinion, I don't want to argue it here, so don't flame me
> on this.

I've set up a ejabberd test installation on my server with 2 virtual domains
and MUC. It took me about 20 minutes to make it running, with basic
configuration. I've never used ejabberd before nor I've used erlang. It's
really easy to set up. I can't tell if it is stable snce I don't have no load
at the moment, all I can say it that I haven't had one crash yet... ;-)

Florian