[jadmin] Scalability - Commercial solution the only way (?)

Matt Tucker matt at jivesoftware.com
Mon Oct 10 19:09:31 CDT 2005

> I believe google is using jabberd 1.4

Actually, no, they're not. Several details about their architecture were
in a recent online chat at:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=15995

Some of the important points:

 * They built everything themselves from scratch.
 * It's written in Java.
 * They split functions among many different servers (connection
management, etc).

We've started the Pampero project in Jive Messenger to provide higher
scalability as well (with a similar architecture to what Google
describes):

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/entry.jspa?categoryID=17&externalI
D=422

Regards,