[jadmin] mu-conference set-up guide

S. William Schulz swschulz at astrum.com
Wed Oct 12 08:27:07 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 04:07:21PM +0300, ??sta? T????d?d?? wrote:
> S. William Schulz wrote:
> >
> > What is the recommended way of starting/stopping this thing?
> >
> > nohup ./mu-conference blah blah & ?  Or is there some startup script
> > around for RH-based boxes?
> >

> It did? err..I mean, of course it did! :)

Yeah, it did.  For some reason, I was using the config file which was in
the jcr src directory, rather the muc-jcr config file.  Though mostly
the same, apparently some of the small changes made the difference.

> Glad to be of use. When I want to stop it I just ctrl-break from the
> terminal although I guess you could just kill its process.

I don't have a problem killing it, but rather ensuring that it is always
started (and stays running).  It is installed on a remote server which I
rarely visit, so it will either have to start automatically, or be
started by hand via ssh.  As the latter is more likely for the
short-term, it would simply quit/shutdown when I exit from the ssh
session.

Thanks again!