[jadmin] Scalability - Commercial solution the only way (?)

KWermann at misti.com KWermann at misti.com
Wed Oct 12 16:21:21 CDT 2005

A JabberD 1.4x server could scale to a hundred users easy, as can all of
the others mentioned. I thought JabberD could easily do several thousand
on one juiced up box.

We ran JabberD with about 60 people on a machine with 256MB of Ram and a
PIII processor for a while til money came through for more juice. And to
be honest, as long as the build was a simple Linux install without a GUI,
it ran quite nice.

I think for a machine running only 100 users the server you got is amazing
and is probably much more than you will need in terms of power and speed.
But power and speed is nice :-)

Ken Wermann