[jadmin] Scalability - Commercial solution the only way (?)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Oct 12 17:21:16 CDT 2005

KWermann at misti.com wrote:

> A JabberD 1.4x server could scale to a hundred users easy, as can all of
> the others mentioned. I thought JabberD could easily do several thousand
> on one juiced up box.

The jabberd1.4 server routinely handles 10k+ concurrent users on the
jabber.org server. Although we use the connection manager from Jabber
Inc. to handle that number of sockets, the core router has no problem
with that many users. Note, however, that the original question was
about supporting millions of users...