[jadmin] Password recovery?

James White james at resolutionit.ca
Tue Oct 18 14:21:02 CDT 2005

On October 18, 2005 11:21 am, Joel Ebel wrote:
> What jabber server are you running, and what authentication method for
> that server are you using?  With jabberd1.4 if you use the default
> xdb_file method, and mod_auth_plain or mod_auth_digest, then the
> passwords are stored in plain text in the spool files for each user.  Of
> course this requires administrator access to the server so you can read
> the spool files.
>
> Joel
>
> James White wrote:
> > New to list:  Is there a way to find a forgotten jabber password?

Wow.  I have no idea how to answer those questions.  I just forgot my
password.  It's on jabber.org.  Beyond that - I have no idea.

I don't have a server.  Do you suppose Jabber.org will lend me their "spool
files" so I can find my password?

If this is the wrong list, then please direct me to the right one. :-)

--
James White

There are only 10 types of people;

Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

     --- Unknown