[jadmin] Jabber via a DMZ proxy - SOLVED

Costa, Jeff jcosta at lendlease.com
Tue Oct 18 16:32:18 CDT 2005

For anyone interested in setting up a DMZ-based proxy server to enable
Jabber usage, I've posted instructions in my blog, located here:
http://openrent.blogspot.com/

In a nutshell, you build an Apache forward proxy that enables Jabber
over HTTP. The benefit is the ability to securely use an internal Jabber
server from anywhere in the world (assuming your Jabber client supports
HTTP proxy, like Gaim does).

Jeff

<http://openrent.blogspot.com/>

"This email (including any attachments) is confidential.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not copy, use, disclose, distribute or rely
on the information contained in it.  If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete the
email from your system.  Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to
this communication are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to
you.  Lend Lease does not guarantee that this email or the attachment(s)
are unaffected by computer virus, corruption or other defects. Lend Lease
may monitor incoming and outgoing emails for compliance with its Email
Policy.  Please note that our servers may not be located in your country."