[jadmin] Jabber via a DMZ proxy - SOLVED

Jean Christophe André progfou at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:55:24 CDT 2005

2005/10/19, Costa, Jeff <jcosta at lendlease.com>:
> For anyone interested in setting up a DMZ-based proxy server to enable
> Jabber usage, I've posted instructions in my blog, located here:
> http://openrent.blogspot.com/

Mhhh... I don't have access to this web site from my current country... :-/

> In a nutshell, you build an Apache forward proxy that enables Jabber over
> HTTP. The benefit is the ability to securely use an internal Jabber server
> from anywhere in the world (assuming your Jabber client supports HTTP
> proxy, like Gaim does).

Did you add some kind of module to Apache to supporte the XMPP protocol?
Because, a DMZ proxy should be an "application proxy"... It means that the
DMZ proxy should understand & rewrite (as a true proxy) all requests and
never let them pass-through directly... But this is off-topic on this
list anyway.