[jadmin] Virtual Hosting and External Authentication

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 20 21:05:19 CDT 2005

I can configure cyrus to use saslauthd and point it at ldap, but I don't
know if that solves the problem.  I think the fundamental issue is
virtual hosting needing to pass the domain to some authentication
system, and I'm not sure if the external authentication modules are
capable of that.  Either that or it needs to know the domain it's trying
to authenticate to and choose an IP address to connect to if using
something with IP based virtual hosting.  Is this possible with a single
jabber server?

Joel