[jadmin] Re: OS X server, jabberd-1.4.3.1 build 35 and jwchat

Jeffrey B.Murphy jbmurphy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:34:23 CDT 2005

Sander Devrieze <s.devrieze <at> pandora.be> writes:

> Op woensdag 26 oktober 2005 21:19, schreef Jeffrey B.Murphy:
> <snip>
> > I am thoroughly confused.
> > Does jwchat need HTTP-Polling? does jabberd-1.4.3.1 have http-polling?
> > Do i need to run JabberHTTPBind0.3 to make jwchat run with jabberd-1.4.3.1?
>
> Yes, you need an external component if you run jabberd 1.4.
>
> Next tutorials might help you:
> http://www.blochberger.de/en_jwchat_how_to.htm
> http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/jwchat (it includes a link to IIS instructions)
>
> PS: ejabberd should also run under Mac OS X

I have tried this: http://www.blochberger.de/en_jwchat_how_to.htm

I don't know if I am having a problem with JabberHTTPBind

If I go to http://server.com/JHB/ it replies with:

Jabber HTTP Binding Servlet v0.3
This is an implementation of JEP-0124 (HTTP-Binding).
Please see http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0124.html for details.

This means it is working? Should it say/do more?

And since I can get it through port 80
I think I have my tomcat/worker.properties/apache/ settings
correct. Sound right?

Is there a configuration aspect to JabberHTTPBind?

Any thoughts?
Thanks.