[jadmin] jabberd2 and pam auth on debian

Étienne Bersac bersace at laposte.net
Thu Oct 27 09:47:37 CDT 2005

Hello,

I try to set up a jabberd2 server with pam auth. I follow the
documentation. I read threads about on this mailing list and never found
a solution.

First, i don't know exactly what should I put in /etc/pam.d/jabberd Here
is the file :

auth     sufficient     pam_unix.so
account  sufficient     pam_unix.so
session     sufficient  pam_lastlog.so
password  sufficient    pam_unix.so

The configuration in sm.xml and c2s.xml is as de documentation said :
pam for authreg module and auto-create in sm.xml. register is disabled.

When i try to log in. I have this entry in /var/log/auth.log :

Oct 27 16:38:12 localhost c2s: (pam_unix) authentication failure; logname= uid=113 euid=113 tty= ruser= rhost=  user=bersace

and this at /var/log/jabber/c2s.log

Thu Oct 27 16:38:11 2005 [notice] [6] [193.251.92.214, port=38788] connect
Thu Oct 27 16:38:12 2005 [error] pam: couldn't authenticate: Permission denied

Note that using "required" instead of "sufficient" just change
"Permission denied" to "Authentification failure" ...

I'm wonder how to fix this. Where should be the problem come form ? pam
configuration ? sm.xml ? c2s.xml ? does sm actually auto-create
session ?

Thanks for you feedbacks :)
--
Verso l'Alto !