[jadmin] Corporate environment

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Thu Oct 27 14:37:53 CDT 2005

Op donderdag 27 oktober 2005 14:53, schreef Michael da Silva Pereira:
> Hi All,
>
> I have setup jabber in an attempt to get a few companies, connected to each
> other. Just making it easier to communicate etc...
>
> Now my next puzzle is the following:
>
> I want to make it as user dummy proof as possible, I need a service or some
> way of automatically adding the users to there contacts,

In ejabberd you can use Shared Roster Groups for that:
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/screenshots-shared-roster-groups

Current ejabberd in the Subversion repository also allows you to put all users
on a virtual host in one group:
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/shared-roster-all

And if that is not enough, maybe the following contributed patch may suit your
needs:
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/aclpopulate

> or making a
> service where they can search for the user they wish to chat to.

ejabberd has a module that allows users to search in vCards of registered
users. Thus, you just have to make sure there is a vCard for every user.

<snip>

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
xmpp:sander at devrieze.dyndns.org

ejabberd, the expandable Jabber daemon. --
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/