[jadmin] ejabberd and xmpppy Yahoo transport

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Sat Apr 1 04:41:41 CST 2006

I recently set up my own ejabberd-based Jabber server, and added
transports. For the record, I installed pyaimt, pyicqt and pymsnt
without difficulty.

I tried the method on the ejabberd web pages to install
yahoo-transport-2 and found it to be horrible! It was requiring
authorisation all the time.

Not surprisingly, I found xmpppy Yahoo transport and set that up -
without difficulty and I'm pleased to say it works well, though it would
please my other user if the mail notification events could be turned
off.

I have noticed, though, that the Yahoo transport stopped running once.
All has been fine since I restarted it but it could well happen again.

Is this a known issue with this transport?

Are there keepalive routines and/or decent init scripts available for
all of the transports I have mentioned? I have cobbled something
together for now but it would be nice to do it with keepalive if
possible.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95