[jadmin] Automatically adding Buddies to all lists

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Fri Sep 8 03:52:16 CDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 18:16 +0100, Matt Tucker wrote:
> Simon,
>
> OS X Server includes a fairly old server, which isn't even fully XMPP
> compliant from what I remember.

Hi Matt,

The version of jabberd is..

WTLON-CMT-TEST:~ root# jabberd -v
Jabberd Version 1.4.3.1 Build 35

> It also doesn't include the ability to
> define shared roster groups. Newer servers definitely include the
> feature you're looking for.

OK - that's helpful, thank you. I didn't quite know which feature I was
after.

We ran this on OS X server aiming for the compatibility with iChat on
the client side, but I might do some testing on GNU/Linux and a newer
version of Jabber then.

> I'm guessing that you also want to integrate
> with the OS X LDAP server for user accounts and groups? Wildfire might
> be a good fit in that case -- http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire. It
> works great on OS X, has shared groups, and integrates with LDAP.

We did plan this but the server is publically available (in a DMZ) so at
the moment we are using local accounts.

Thanks for the pointers though

~sm