[jadmin] jabber-jit Problems

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nes.ru
Wed Dec 5 05:21:55 CST 2007

On 12/5/07, Harald Braumann <harry at unheit.net> wrote:
> JIT is outdated and not maintained anymore. I wouldn't use it, if I
> were you. Use pyicqt instead.

It's true that JIT is outdated and unmaintained (more over, the latest
changes in ICQ protocol made it unusable because it doesn't support
server-side ICQ roster).

But pyicq-t is essentially unmaintained too. The last SVN commit was
more than a half-year ago. And since it has serious bugs (memory leaks
at least) it isn't very usable too.

So, I'd say that there's no decent ICQ transport anymore (I've heard
about transport included in openfire but I know nothing about it
except some outdated reports from some Russian forum that it doesn't
work also).

Is there any reason for resurrecting ICQ-transports? Or let them rest in pease?

Cheers!
--
Sergei Golovan