[jadmin] jabber-jit Problems

Magnus Henoch mange at freemail.hu
Wed Dec 5 08:50:11 CST 2007

"Sander Devrieze" <s.devrieze at pandora.be> writes:

> I believe legoscia also was working on an ICQ transport in Erlang,
> though I don't know how that's going...maybe he can add some details
> to this thread?

Yes, I and toxic started hacking ejabberd-based transports (me doing
ICQ, him doing MSN, both sharing a common library), partly to have
direct roster manipulation (since the transports are in the server),
partly to be able to upgrade the transports without restarting them,
partly because Erlang code is simply less bug-prone than C or Python.

However, we sort of lost interest.  Maybe I should revive it as an open
project...

--
Magnus
JID: legoscia at jabber.cd.chalmers.se