[jadmin] Problem with roster (Spanish characters)

Efren Bravo efrenba at dhl.ecc.cu
Fri Dec 7 07:48:15 CST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tomasz Sterna" <tomek at xiaoka.com>
To: "Jabber server administration list" <jadmin at jabber.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [jadmin] Problem with roster (Spanish characters)

> On Cz, 2007-12-06 at 11:14 -0500, Efren Bravo wrote:
>> My question: Is there a real solution to this problem, because the
>> users, although they are noticed about it, they want to use those
>> characters to rename their contacts?
>
> Check the encoding of your database and tables.
> It should be utf-8.

Again this morning the roster is giving me headache.

All my tables have, (info extracted with MySQL Query Browser/WinXP/ES):

Charset: utf8
Collation: utf8_general_ci

Only the "status" table had latin charset. I've changed it to utf8 but the
problem persists.

If you want, I could send you the jabber database backup...