[jadmin] File transfer with Jabber

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Dec 13 13:29:36 CST 2007

Alejandro Cabrera Obed wrote:
> Dear all, I have a Jabberd2 server which was configured following the
> official howto...it works OK in port SSl (TCP/5223).
>
> I'm using the PSI clients and now I want to use file transfer among
> users. Some users are behind a firewall so I need a solution. In the PSI
> settings they talk about a proxy, but I don't know if the jabberd2 can
> act like a proxy or I can use a HTTP proxy like Squid.
>
> Please can you tell me what they mean with a file transfer proxy ????
> Because I have to build my own one in this case.

The "proxy" you need is probably a Bytestreams Proxy that implements
XEP-0065:

http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0065.html

One such proxy is written in Python:

http://code.google.com/p/proxy65/

I'm the maintainer of that code but I would like to find a new
maintainer, so if you know Python feel free to help out. :)

https://stpeter.im/