[jadmin] File transfer with Jabber

Alejandro Cabrera Obed acabrera at sintys.gov.ar
Mon Dec 17 12:52:46 CST 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Alejandro Cabrera Obed wrote:
>
>> Dear all, I have a Jabberd2 server which was configured following the
>> official howto...it works OK in port SSl (TCP/5223).
>>
>> I'm using the PSI clients and now I want to use file transfer among
>> users. Some users are behind a firewall so I need a solution. In the PSI
>> settings they talk about a proxy, but I don't know if the jabberd2 can
>> act like a proxy or I can use a HTTP proxy like Squid.
>>
>> Please can you tell me what they mean with a file transfer proxy ????
>> Because I have to build my own one in this case.
>>

> The "proxy" you need is probably a Bytestreams Proxy that implements
> XEP-0065:
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0065.html
>
> One such proxy is written in Python:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/proxy65/
>
> I'm the maintainer of that code but I would like to find a new
> maintainer, so if you know Python feel free to help out. :)
>
> Peter

Dear Peter, after reading the docs you show me I need to know what
package I have to use in order to implement the XEP standard to get a
proxy file transfer for Jabber.

You show me the proxy65 project but when I go there there's nothing to
download nor read.

So can you tell me what socks5 file transfer proxy do I have to download
and if I have to configure any file under /etc/jabberd2 ???

Special thanks

Alejandro