[jadmin] Jabber Server list

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Fri Feb 8 09:51:28 CST 2008

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> We've been working on a new process for the public server
> listings. More information here:
>
> http://new.jabber.org/im-services
> http://new.jabber.org/submission-guide/im-service
> http://new.jabber.org/submission-guide/im-service/policy
>
> Feedback is welcome. :)

I think it would be useful to allow "closed" systems to register as
well, perhaps under a different section.  It would be useful for our
users that don't realize that we provide them with a service that they
are eligible to use.  It would be useful for administrators to find
contact information for the administrators of the remote domain if there
is an issue that needs troubleshooting.

Also, since you're collecting geolocation information, perhaps it would
be useful to allow end-users to provide their own geolocation to help
them find the nearest physical service.  On the same note, perhaps let
them specify their email address so that end-users can be told if their
email domain provider also provides an XMPP service (as is our case;
gmail is another example)

Jesse