[jadmin] Web interface

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Thu Jan 3 03:46:38 CST 2008

On Cz, 2008-01-03 at 10:41 +0200, Norman Rasmussen wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Httpd lists 9 httpd servers.

These all have its own names, ex. "Apache HTTP Server".

> The Fedora Project like to call their web server httpd. (I think it's
> really apache)

It's "Apache HTTP Server" renamed internally by Red Hat.
(Apache protects its name in similar manner to Mozilla).
Apache uses 'httpd' name for packaging from 2.0 version, but it is still
called 'apache' internally.

And these two 'jabberd' projects I mentioned use the 'jabberd' name
literally.

Could be that NCSA httpd was literally named 'httpd', but it wasn't
project in today sense.

The confusion is even worse, with 'ejabberd' and 'djabberd' projects in
existence.

That's why my own XMPP daemon has no 'jabber' nor 'jabberd' in the name
nor anywhere. :-)

--
  /\_./o__ Tomasz Sterna
 (/^/(_^^'  Xiaoka.com