[jadmin] PYYIMT Transport fault with multiple users

Norman Rasmussen norman at rasmussen.co.za
Thu Jan 17 03:55:10 CST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 5:06 PM, oliver bril <oliver_bril at hotmail.com> wrote:

> File "/opt/contrib/imserv/run/PYTHON/lib/python2.5/shelve.py", line 124,
> in __setitem__
>     self.dict[key] = f.getvalue()
> error: cannot add item to database
>   I don't know how the database of the transport works but it never gets
> bigger than 1024 bytes.
>
> Strangely it looks like you can't register more than 1 user without
> breaking the transport. The yahoouser.dbm.pag file stays 1024 bytes and
> the yahoouser.dbm.dir stays 0 bytes.
> anyone have an idea why this happens?? I register using PSI.

 This looks like your python shelve module is playing up.  Silly question:
do you have enough free disk space?  When I use shelve it only creates a
single file, not .pag and .dir files.  It might be possible that shelve is
falling back on a weird backend that isn't working correctly.  I think the
default is bsddb (aka as dbhash to anydbm)?

What output do you get for this:

$ python
>>> import anydbm
>>> s=anydbm.open('testshelve','c')
>>> s.__class__
<class bsddb._DBWithCursor at 0xb7dd653c>
>>> s.__module__
'bsddb'
>>> anydbm._names
['dbhash', 'gdbm', 'dbm', 'dumbdbm']