[jadmin] trusted federation

Neil Stevens neil at hakubi.us
Thu Jan 17 19:53:43 CST 2008

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> We heard the same arguments in October 2000 when we started enforcing
> dialback.

Dialback doesn't place a burden on the admin to go out and kowtow to
some arbitrary third party before being able to get online.  Dialback is
just a software feature.  Big difference I think.

> Is is acceptable that we are sending communications in the clear over
> s2s links?
 >
> Would our network be even larger if we enforced s2s encryption, since
> big XMPP deployments that are not currently federated would join the
> network?
>
> I ask the questions. I don't say I have all the answers yet.

Well, throw my data point in the pile :-)

Neil Stevens - neil at hakubi.us

If you're seeing shades of gray, it's because you're not
looking close enough to see the black and white dots.