[JDEV] The Important Things

Ragavan S jabber_dev at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:05:21 CST 2002

>AFAIK, the Disney client is proprietary so you'd probably have to buy the
>source from them in order to point it to your own server (I assume their
>client is hardcoded to point at im.go.com).

Hmmm.. I remember using the Go Messenger to connect to any server (including
jabber.org, my own server among others). The version I used was,
but eventually had to give it up, since it didn't support SSL. So, AFAIK,
no, there is no hardcoding.

>Also AFAIK you cannot talk to people on other servers from your account on
>im.go.com (i.e., they do not have server-to-server turned on). If you ask
>me that kind of defeats the purpose of the Jabber *network*, but hopefully
>they'll see the light at some point (perhaps once more big servers come

My above statement kinda makes this moot, cos if you can connect to
jabber.org, then you can talk to any server that talk to jabber.org, or
something like that :-)

Hold on... ok. I just connected to jabber.org using the Go messenger.