[jdev] Md5 again...

Bart van Bragt jabber at vanbragt.com
Thu May 6 05:51:53 CDT 2004

Remy HAREL wrote:
> with MD5, when I run echo rem at jabber.gicm.net/Gabber|md5sum I got this 
> result :
> 8a6d946e132886e619bf5eb3bb9e7dbd where as in my jabberd server, I got :
> dbead67fa6dc31c2f45dda7c98aaaeb1
Weird. They seem to be both wrong :)

$ echo -n 'rem at jabber.gicm.net/Gabber'|md5sum

mysql> select md5('rem at jabber.gicm.net/Gabber');
| md5('rem at jabber.gicm.net/Gabber') |
| d663e113e856cfa5d573b6f45ddd152d  |

Strange. No idea what could be causing this. PHP also returns: 
d663e113e856cfa5d573b6f45ddd152d for this string.


More information about the JDev mailing list