[jdev] Jive Messenger 2.0.0 Released
matt at jivesoftware.com
Mon Nov 15 17:59:25 CST 2004
We're pleased to announce that Jive Messenger 2.0.0 has been released.
Jive Messenger is an Open Source (GPL) XMPP server. It features:
* Cross-platform support with easy installation.
* A comprehensive web-based admin console.
* Support for plugins and internal components.
* Full multi-user chat (MUC) support.
* Good scalability.
Website: http://www.jivesoftware.org/messenger (including support forums
and issue tracker)
In other news:
1) Smack 1.4.1 was released today. Smack is an Open Source (Apache
License) XMPP client library in Java.
2) Today, we're announcing a new Open Source project -- Whack (yeah, we
have a lot of naming creativity). Whack is a Java library for creating
XMPP components (JEP-0114). It has several goals:
* Act as an API for internal *or* external components transparently.
* Automatic configurability of components using ad-hoc commands mapped
* A simple API targeted specifically at components instead of an XMPP
client API that can also work for components.
Initial source code is available via CVS
(http://www.jivesoftware.org/source.jsp). The first official release
will be in 1-2 months. More details about Whack at:
-- JiveSoftware.org Team
More information about the JDev