[jdev] Re: Recent Google Talk S2S Problems

Vinod Panicker vinod.p at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 00:12:02 CST 2006

On 3/19/06, Gary Burd <gary_jabber at beagledreams.com> wrote:
> On 3/17/06, Vinod Panicker <vinod.p at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/10/06, Vinod Panicker <vinod.p at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Since this thread is talking about Google S2S, I thought I'd add my
> > > observation here as well.
> > >
> > > On the geodesiconline.com server, I see many inbound connections from
> > > the gtalk servers.  After just a day of uptime, there are around 90
> > > inbound s2s connections.  Just wanted to check if this is expected
> > > behaviour.
> >
> > This had since gone to 400+ connections before I restarted the server.
> >  Connections are from the same ip, but different ports.
> >
> > I can close the inbound s2s connections, but I'm not doing that for
> > the sake of efficiency.  Is there some other problem or is this a bug
> > in the gtalk server?
> There should be no more than two inbound connections from the Google
> Talk Service, and each should be from a unique IP address.  I
> currently see one outbound connection from the Google Talk Service to
> geodesiconline.com.
> To help me debug the problem, can you please tell me the date that you
> first observed the problem and the Google Talk ip address involved?

I don't quite remember the first occurence of the problem, but its
been for weeks now. The ip addresses involved are and

Seeing the logs, the inbound session doesn't show a closing stream
tag. And the netstat output currently shows 89 ESTABLISHED connections
from and 25 ESTABLISHED connections from
for port 5269.