[jdev] Libjingle and JEP-0166

Stephen Pendleton spendleton at movsoftware.com
Fri Mar 31 15:04:30 CST 2006

I've been doing some implementation work using libjingle and referencing
JEP-0166 and I have noticed that libjingle version 0.2.1 and the JEP-0166 do
not seem to match up. For example in JEP-0166 Example 1 displays an example
initiation stanza:

<iq to='juliet at capulet.com/balcony' from='romeo at montague.net/orchard'
id='jingle1' type='set'>
  <jingle xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/jingle'
          initiator='romeo at montague.net/orchard'
    <description ...>
    <transport ...>

but Libjingle outputs:
<cli:iq to="foo at gmail.com/Talk.v860770CBCA" type="set"
<session xmlns="http://www.google.com/session" type="initiate"
id="3245625544" initiator="foo at gmail.com/imov"><description
<payload-type xmlns="http://www.google.com/session/phone" id="102"

Should I just attribute this to the fact that both the JEP and libjingle are
under heavy development? Or am I missing something major? I am assuming that
libjingle and the JEP's will converge at some point. I did see that
libjingle 0.3.0 is out so perhaps that will fix some of these issues.