[jdev] notification server

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 05:05:32 UTC 2012

On 1 February 2012 04:49, Roberto Ostinelli <roberto at widetag.com> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I need to build a notification server for an m2m application, where events are being pushed every few seconds to a large group of JID.
>
> At first, I was considering PubSub, then I realized that all messages are actually stored on the server as content, which is something I obviously do not want (once the notifications have been sent, I do not want to store them).
>
> Therefore, is XEP-0060 the extension I'm looking for, or should I consider something else?

It's covered, see: http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#events

However that section is rather over-complicating the matter in my
view. The implementation you use should allow you to simply configure
the node with: persist_items=0, max_items=0, cache_last_item=0 (actual
config options may vary) to achieve the kind of node you want.

Regards,
Matthew