[Jingle] [Fwd: Re: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-08.txt]

Marcus Lundblad ml at update.uu.se
Thu Oct 15 05:43:05 CDT 2009

tor 2009-10-15 klockan 11:46 +0200 skrev Dirk Meyer:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> > FYI. Feel free to speak up on the mmusic list if you care about ICE-TCP
> > (it might be useful for Jingle file transfer).
>
> IMHO XEP-0260 provides everything Jingle file transfer needs to get
> implemented. ICE-TCP may be a good future Jingle transport, but it is
> not needed.

I mostly agree, although, one advantage I can see with ICE-TCP is that
it would be possible to use it with a future TURN-TCP instead of the
current S5B proxies, which are XMPP-specific.

But, yeah, for the time being 0260+0261 is enough to get a working
solution.

//Marcus

--
Marcus Lundblad
Phone +46 (0)18 250582    | Cell +46 (0)733 386299