[MUC] Invitations with roster subscription requests?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Jul 21 15:52:35 UTC 2011

Off-topic for this list, but I'm answering anyway.

On 7/21/11 9:50 AM, Michael McCarthy wrote:
> I can't see anything about it in the core docs but is it possible to
> send some arbitary text with a roster subscription request?

Yes.

http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6121.html#presence-syntax-children-status says:

###

The <status/> child MAY also be sent in a subscription-related presence
stanza (i.e., type "subscribe", "subscribed", "unsubscribe", or
"unsubscribed") to provide a description of the action. An interactive
client MAY present this <status/> information to a human user (see
Section 11).

<presence from='romeo at example.net'
           id='uc51xs63'
           to='nurse at example.com'
           type='subscribe'>
   <status>Hi, Juliet told me to add you to my buddy list.</status>
</presence>

###

https://stpeter.im/