[PubSub] [Standards] Pubsub errata

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Apr 14 12:19:52 CDT 2009

On 10/14/08 1:02 AM, Brett Zamir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) I think Example 191 in http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html
> should have "member-affiliation", "outcast-affiliation", or
> "publisher-affiliation" as a feature instead of "modify-affiliations"
> (which is covered in the previous example).

Fixed.

> 2) And immediately preceding example 122, there is reference to
> pubsub#node_type, but pubsub#access_model is used in the example.

Fixed.

> 3) Although this may be somewhat relying on pseudo-namespacing, in
> 8.7.2, I'd think the line "attribute value of "node"" should read
> "attribute value of "pubsub#node"".

Fixed.

> 4) In section 9.2, should this line "This set of namespaces would then
> be advertised by including the namespace in the identity+features hash"
> have the 2nd namespace as plural?

Fixed.

> 5) At the very end of Section 9.2 (before section 10), it says, "If
> Juliet publishes a geolocation item to the roster-access
> "http://jabber.org/protocol/geoloc" node, her server will send
> notifications only to <romeo at montague.lit/orchard>." Example 223,
> however, seems to me to indicate that the nurse supports geoloc as well.

That's a bit unclear -- a bad copy and paste from the old version of
XEP-0163. The assumption is that the Nurse is not in the right roster
group. Fixed in my working copy.

> 6) In section 14, "responsibility is misspelled as "responsbility".

Fixed.

> 7) Example 67 reports an error for form values which seem to be valid
> per example 57.

I've removed the <pubsub/> element there (including the form). The
example is intended to show the <error/> element, and it's not necessary
to return the sent values in an IQ-error anyway.

https://stpeter.im/