[PubSub] Suggestions for new node configurations

Robin Collier robincollier at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 22 10:23:28 CDT 2009

> Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:54:53 -0600
> From: stpeter at stpeter.im
> To: pubsub at xmpp.org
> Subject: Re: [PubSub] Suggestions for new node configurations

> On 4/22/09 8:01 AM, Robin Collier wrote:
> >

> >> Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:36:10 -0600
> >> From: stpeter at stpeter.im
> >> To: pubsub at xmpp.org
> >> Subject: Re: [PubSub] Suggestions for new node configurations

> >> Purging the node when the node owner (presumably the *only* node owner)
> >> goes offline might be appropriate for certain kinds of extended presence
> >> applications. I have no deep objections to defining a node configuration
> >> option for that feature, I was just wondering about the use cases and
> >> whether this kind of thing would need to be enabled on a per-node basis
> >> (I think the answer is probably yes, since it depends on the payload
> >> type).
>
> Do you have further thoughts about this one?

Fairly different from what I was suggesting.  If you are just going to purge the node, should it just be deleted instead?  I would assume there would be no more items published after this purge anyway.

For my case, it was only deleting items posted by the user that goes offline.  All other items would still be considered relevant.  Not sure how much overlap this have with PEP, but I believe the requirements are somewhat different (although I admit I am not that familiar with PEP)