[Social] real-world non-chat XMPP?

Steven Livingstone-Perez weblivz at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 11:08:27 CDT 2008

Finding stuff that has fully adopted PubSub or PEP is harder but ...

The BBC publish their current music tracks:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radiolabs/2008/02/now_playing_in_the_cloud.shtml

An example implementation:
http://radiofall.mibly.com/

Tivo uses XMPP:
http://stpeter.im/?p=2131

In a slightly different direction ...

Android uses it too for p2p messages.
http://code.google.com/android/toolbox/google-apis.html

Low Cost calls over XMPP with Flex
http://blogs.nitobi.com/andre/index.php/2008/03/13/verb-exchange-and-nitobi-to-build-xmpp-client-with-flex-and-air/

Also the Vertebra ruby slides mentioned by Anders are here:
http://brainspl.at/articles/2008/06/02/introducing-vertebra

cheers,
Steven
http://livz.org