[standards-jig] Candidate Position Papers - 2002

Piers Harding piers at ompa.net
Mon Jul 22 17:28:00 CDT 2002

Well as a Nominee - here goes:

  1) Who are you?

Piers Harding.
A New Zealander, currently living and woring in the UK, as a Technical
Architect for a Bureau to the Film Studios of Europe ( Deluxe Video
Services ).  We run the financial, and logistics systems for the likes
of Fox, and Universal etc.

  2) Work history.

Primarily my career thus far revolves arround SAP consulting (12+
years), helping customers implement, and integrate SAP into there
business.

  3) Area of contribution to Jabber.

(a) JEP 0024
(b) Perl modules Jabber::JAX::Component/Client
(c) C++ pubsub-component
Links to all can be found at http://www.piersharding.com
Currently working on a modperl for jabberd 1.5

  4) etc..

My primary concern/objective for Jabber is to keep it firmly in the Open
Source arena, and encourage modifications to the protocol that are in
keeping with the original goals of Jabber, of simplicity and flexibility.

Cheers.