[standards-jig] Pub/Sub for JNG?

Dave dave at dave.tj
Wed May 1 00:36:01 CDT 2002

If TCP were so quick and efficient, I wouldn't be able to write a simple
(unoptimized) FTP implementation (client+server) using UDP that can outrun
my UNIX command-line FTP connecting to my ftpd by 10%-30%.  I'm sure
a good programmer can implement FTP over UDP even better than I did.
If speed is your drug, TCP is the equivalent of a cop.

 - Dave