[standards-jig] JIDs (JEP-0029)

Craig ckaes at jabber.com
Wed May 1 23:26:17 CDT 2002

St Peter has decreed:

>Indeed. When the JEP Editor gets his hands on the document again he'll
>probably put that into words in the first paragraph of section 2 so that
>mere mortals can understand it as well.

The "JEP Editor" ;-) can save the trouble.  I've added it to the section
on domain identifiers.

>Well, I think the natural-language explanation is good, I just wanted to
>be consistent. Perhaps a bullet list such as that in the IETF draft would
>work for those mere mortals.

I have followed the IETF Draft standard notation for such matters.

Tonight's quote:

"I suggest to young professors that their first work should be written
in a jargon only to be understood by the erudite few.  With that behind
them, they can ever after say what they have to say in a language
'understanded of the people'.  --Russell

--C