[standards-jig] Pub/Sub for JNG?

Iain Shigeoka iainshigeoka at yahoo.com
Fri May 3 16:50:06 UTC 2002

--- Dave <dave at dave.tj> wrote:
> This isn't about UDP, so I believe I'm allowed to reply to your message:
> SSL doesn't compress; it only encrypts.

As Julian points out, SSL does compress.  FYI, in general, most
encryption algorithms compress data.  Uncompressed
data tends to follow patterns that often show up after
encryption, making it easier to crack.  So most encryption
algorithms begin by compressing the data to remove these
patterns (repeated pattern detection and elimination is how
many compression algorithms compress data).

Do You Yahoo!?