[standards-jig] Question on JEP-0001

Iain Shigeoka iainshigeoka at yahoo.com
Fri May 3 17:07:22 UTC 2002

--- David Waite <mass at akuma.org> wrote:
> This is more of a legal/business question perhaps, I don't know if this
> is the best list for the topic :-)

I think that standards-jig is appropriate.

I believe it is important to provide mechanisms for people
with patented IP to contribute it to the Jabber protocols
while retaining their patent rights.  Royalty free licensing of
patents for particular application to Jabber protocols would be
acceptable (while allowing them to charge royalties for usage
of that IP outside of JEP scope).

I'm +1 on your proposal (and also agree that software patents

Do You Yahoo!?