[standards-jig] Anyone look at SyncML

Ashvil ashvil at i3connect.net
Fri May 17 03:50:47 CDT 2002

From: "Julian Missig" <julian at jabber.org>
> I meant to continue that from what I recall, we did not see it as
> particularly directly applicable to anything Jabber-ish. And I'd rather
> not have Yet Another Pub/Sub Protocol...

I think it deserves another look in the context of seeing if something
useful can be derived from it for Pub/Sub.

Except for MS, SyncML seem to have some well known backers. It may be of
interest to the Jabber community to reach out to them, if there is any
commonality.

http://www.syncml.org/docs/syncml_sync_protocol_v11_20020215.pdf
After reading the above link, I still see sync and pub-sub as very similar
things.

Regards,
Ashvil