[standards-jig] JEP-0045 Suggestions

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Fri Sep 13 13:09:11 CDT 2002

What about using namespaces?

Another version location alternative:
<message xmlns:mc='http://jabber.org/JEPS/MultiChat' type='groupchat'
to='crone3 at shakespeare/pda' from='coven at macbeth/firstswitch'
mc:version='2'>
  <subject> Thrice the Cat has mew'd</subject>
</message>

<presence xmlns:mc='http://jabber.org/JEPS/MultiChat'
    from='coven at macbeth/secondwitch' to='crone3 at shakespeare/pda'
    mc:role='admin'/>

I think the namespaces would really allow the extra info to be more
clearly seperated, and perhaps a nice model fo future expansion on
existing protocol.

--temas