[standards-jig] JEP-0045 Suggestions

Lars Kaufmann kaufmann at bluehands.de
Mon Sep 16 09:13:06 CDT 2002

> Yea shouldnt really add extra presence attributes, an x element like
this
> would be much better:
>
> <presence to="user at sdsds.com" from="room at gc.server.com/user">
>     <x xmlns="jabber:x:gcuser" type="admin"/>
> </presence>
>
> Richard

We're getting closer but multiple roles don't fit into one attribute. We
don't want to add multiple <x> elements for each role, do we? The <x>
element should carry some more information. If we wrap the roles of the
user with a user tag and its jid, we might also use this structure as
result for explicit queries of the special users for this room.

A presence packet may look like this:

<presence to="user at sdsds.com" from="room at gc.server.com/user">
	<x xmlns="jabber:x:gcuser">
		<user jid="user at sdsds.com">
			<admin/>
			<moderator/>
		</user>
	</x>
</presence>

Or even more generalized we might also add the jid of the room the role
is valid for to be able to describe the complete setup of the conference
component's special users.

<presence to="user at sdsds.com" from="room at gc.server.com/user">
	<x xmlns="jabber:x:gcuser">
		<user jid="user at sdsds.com">