[standards-jig] JEP-0045 Suggestions

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Tue Sep 17 03:32:13 CDT 2002

Of course the protocol will carry the information on wether it will be
banning a user from a room or the whole server, else how is the server going
to act on the command? telepathy? :) hehe

But yes the idea of having duration of the ban is a good idea, so it can be
for a set duration or forever.

I only wrote this message because of a different reason, the person I was
replying to was making a big thing about it that it should not be easy for
the administrator to ban someone from an entire room (i do not agree with
that but..) but that has nothing to do with the protocol for performing that
action, it is up to the client/admin tool developers to decide how hard or
easy they are going to make it for a user to perform those actions.

Richard